Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Theme Thursday: The Road Had No Signs



The road,
It has no signs
Trapped in a twilight
You walk
Shadow of a sun
Long gone

 When your lungs close in
Tell me
And I’ll breathe for you

My colors
They Dance
In your blankness
Oozing from
Unseen wounds
You try to fight
Find no strength
So you dance with them too

When your lungs close in
Tell me
And I’ll breathe for you

The words
You don’t know
It doesn’t matter
You’ll sing along
And I’ll sing with you

When your lungs close in
Tell me
And I’ll breathe for you

The sun
It shines
 “Our sign!”
I cry
On the ground
You falter
I scream
There comes no voice
I search
In your heart
No blood
It’s all in my veins
Embedded within me

My lungs  
They are closing in
Will you breathe
For me too?
 
image via here 
Check out Theme Thursday, for more takes on this theme.

18 comments:

  1. "My colors they dance in your blankness"...that's lovely.
    Very well done. Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to speak in poetry always its so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...

    lovely verse...the last is a bit haunting or maybe just the anxiety of the answer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful poem. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't like a road with no sign, last Sat, I went to a tramp, and missed the sign and ended in an un neccassary difficult climb. We had to back track.

    So signs please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Tell me
    And I’ll breathe for you".......lovely.....touching :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW
    If that is not love,then what is it?

    Beautiful!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! it's official...no way are you 14! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how one offers to breathe or the other, when the first one feels crushed, suffocated, unable to breathe. From anxiety, perhaps?
    I know that feeling well...

    ReplyDelete
  10. "When your lungs close in
    Tell me
    And I’ll breathe for you"

    That is so incredibly beautiful. It should be a song. :) Is it a song?

    Very lovely indeed. Well done!
    /Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of the poems I write have lines that almost haunt me with a tone. I tend to repeat these lines so they seem like a chorus in a song and it seems like it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so awsome I also am glad to find another 14 year old

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi my mom loves your taste in books heres a recommendation: the myth of you and me by leah stewart.fun isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.. the mutual feeling! It touched the depths!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hat's lovely.
    Very well done. Beautiful as always.
    home based data entry

    ReplyDelete